International Trade Club
DO YOU NEED HELP & SUPPORT WITH YOUR EXPORTING JOURNEY?
To support and drive the #growth of Scottish #businesses internationally, we have launched our #InternationalTradeClub for the Lothian region in partnership with West Lothian and Midlothian and East Lothian Chamber of Commerce. This project is part of five pilot Local Export Partnerships (#LEPs).
The numbers of #global opportunities are endless and the Chamber can support #Scottish businesses’ international journey through the following areas of support and advice:
- #Networking events to help businesses enter new markets
- Roundtable sessions with key stakeholders and partners
- Regular updates on international news/policy/markets via a bi-monthly newsletter
- 1 and ½ hours free consultancy time with an experienced export adviser
- Opportunities for participation in #Overseas #Trade Missions
- Invitations to meetings with Inward Trade Delegations
- International Documentation and support services for #exporters
- Opportunity to join Edinburgh Chamber’s exclusive international group on LinkedIn
- International Directory of #Chambers #globally (via British Chambers of Commerce)
- Promotion of your international news via our newsletter, website and social media channels
We work in partnership with @British Chambers of Commerce, our local @Scottish Chambers Network as well as @Scottish Development International and Scottish Enterprise to provide an expert service. We have also collaborated with a number of other partners including @Business Gateway Edinburgh and universities in #Edinburgh to increase connections and export knowledge on offer.
If you are interested in meeting with the team or finding out further information please contact the Alexia.Haramis@edinburghchamber.co.uk or Sophie-Lou.ArceseLeNir@edinburghchamber.co.uk or Mayan.firstname.lastname@example.org call 0131 221 2999 option (5).
UPCOMING INTERNATIONAL TRADE CLUB EVENTS:
24/04/18 (09:00 - 13:00) - BSC Edinburgh, Edinburgh Language Centre
Come along to this breakfast & Lunch event to hear first-hand from Scottish companies who have successfully entered the market and network with like-minded companies.
At this event hosted in collaboration with SDI, we will uncover options and possibilities within the market and you will have the opportunity to meet key market experts.
Germany has a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of more than €3 trillion. This makes it the largest economy in Europe and the fourth strongest economy in the world. It is the 4th largest export market for Scotland. It’s a similar market to the UK with similar business risks and requirements. Germany has a very strong industrial base. It hosts 65% of the world’s international trade fairs. There is a strong appetite for important Scottish sectors such as technology, engineering, life sciences, creative and digital services.
To help you access the market, we will provide:
- - An overview of the market, including opportunities
- - A case study of a company doing business in Germany
- - Financial considerations
- - Routes to market: finding an agent, distributor or a partner
- - You'll also hear about our proposed market visit to Germany in June 2018.