News & Blog
News stories from the Chamber and related news are listed in the table below
DWP Virtual Bridging the Employability Gaps on 28th Jan at 10am
12th January 2022
We would like to invite you to our virtual “Bridging Employability Gaps” Event that we will be hosting for East & Mid Lothian employers on Friday 28th January 2022 by DWP. The event will start at 10am and will be opened by MSP Paul McLennan who will discuss the merits of employers being Disability Confident in the workplace.
We will also have guest speakers on the day from:
- Access to Work – Discussing the support available to employers of funding up to £60K per year.
- Better Health Generation
- DWP Employment Lead
- Businesses on how Disability Confident has supported their organisations.
- Real life stories from people who have secured employment and benefitted from the Disability Confident Scheme.
Becoming a “Disability Confident” employer helps businesses to attract, recruit, retain and progress disabled people in the workplace.
By signing up to Disability Confident you will be leading the way in your business sector and community, helping to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures.
Disability Confident helps businesses:
- Draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- Secure and retain high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- save time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover
- keep valuable skills and experience
- reduce the levels and costs of sickness absences
- improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that they treat all employees fairly.
If you would like to attend the Event, please click on the link below to register your attendance. We would be delighted if a representative from your company could join us.
Registration by 5pm 24/1/22, Invite link will be sent 48hrs before event.
In the meantime, I have included a short video about becoming a Disability Confident Employer. The link is a series of videos which you may find helpful to browse, as they can guide employers through the process of becoming Disability Confident: - Disability Confident scheme - YouTube(link is external)
We would love if you could join us on the day. If you would like to discuss further or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Evelyn Schoppler
Employer Adviser I Employer & Partnership Team I East & Mid Lothian | Musselburgh Jobcentre | North House | Eskmills Park | Station Road | Musselburgh| EH21 7DU | Tel No 07748930093 |