News & Blog
News stories from the Chamber and related news are listed in the table below
Dunbar Music School Summer Concerts
12th June 2019
Dunbar Music School are performing a series of short concerts during the 2019 Dunbar Civic Week. As a change from the big end of term concerts, the students will be performing a series of short concerts at St Anne’s Church, Dunbar throughout Civic week. They will range from 15 minute to half an hour early evening concerts at 7.15pm to a 6.15pm violin and string orchestra concert and also an open workshop performance by a Samba group at The Battery.
All concerts are free to attend and if you fancy a little musical fun before the events on Friday, there is an open to all Samba session at 3.30pm on Friday the 21st at The Battery.
Students are happy, confident musicians who enjoy facing all the challenges learning an instrument provides as well as bringing these lessons to their everyday lives at school and beyond. All of this is helped enormously by the support all of you have all shown the Dunbar Music School in its three years and for which the directors Siobhan Grealy and Jacqui Preston are very grateful.
If you would like to come to any of the short concerts, please see the timetable below.
Concerts 1- 4 are at St Annes, 1 Westgate, Dunbar
1. Monday 17th June, 19.15pm - 19.45pm
2. Wednesday 19th June, 19.15pm - 19.45pm
3. Thursday 20th June, 19.15pm - 19.45pm
4. Friday 21st June, 18.15pm - 19.00pm - Violin Concert and Violin Ensemble
Concerts 5 & 6 take part at The Battery, Dunbar Harbour
5. Friday 21st June, 15.30pm -16.30pm, Turn up and Try Samba Workshop, open to all
6. Friday 21st June, 16.45pm - 17.30pm, Open Workshop Performance by Dunbar Music School Civic Week Samba players - this is a group of P2-6 students who have been working weekly towards an open workshop performance in Civic Week
For more info please email Siobhan & Jacqui Siobhan@dunbarmusicschool.com